Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out: Training the Crazy Dog from Over-the-Top to Under Control Expo
by Laura VanArendonk Baugh
Some dogs need a little help.
Some dogs are afraid, or excited, or reactive. Dogs that "don't listen" and "go crazy" don't live the lives we—or they—want.
Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out can change that. Simple steps and an accessible, conversational tone from award-winning, internationally known trainer Laura VanArendonk Baugh, CPDT-KA, KPA CTP, make calming the agitated dog not only possible, but pleasant.
You'll learn how to:
- Achieve change in short, simple training sessions of a minute or less
- Maximize the effects of natural brain chemistry
- Know when to call in medical help
- "Clean up" unreliable behaviors in both overexcited sport dogs and pets at home
- Recognize how fear, aggression, and excitement are variants of the same root problem
The conversational tone is both informative and fun—like having a consulting trainer standing at your shoulder! Bring your dog from emotional to thoughtful, and enjoy a calmer, enriched life with your best friend.