Fetching the Perfect Dog Trainer
by Katenna Jones
Who should train your dog?
Acquiring a dog, whether it is a purebred puppy or a shelter rescue, is a big step for most people. Fortunately, there is a lot of good information available to help a new pet owner make a good choice. Deciding who should train your dog is another matter. Unless you have lots of experience training dogs yourself, you probably have not even considered who should train your dog. If you rely solely on newspaper ads or business cards left in a vet's office to find a trainer, you may be very disappointed in the outcome.
Fetching the Perfect Dog Trainer by Katenna Jones presents all of the information you need to know to find the right trainer for you. The book helps you make the best choice based on your lifestyle and the particular behaviors your dog needs to learn. Your dog is too important to make the wrong training decision.
You will learn:
- How to evaluate and interview a prospective trainer in order to know if s/he is right for your dog.
- Red flags to watch for based on what a trainer says and what you observe.
- The common characteristics of effective and humane trainers.
- About training organizations and their certification programs.
- What kind of training you may be able to do on your own, and what should be left to a professional.