My Dog Pulls. What Do I Do?
by Turid Rugaas
Is walking your dog a tug-of-war? At last, a simple way to teach your dog to walk nicely on a leash!
With the book My Dog Pulls. What Do I Do? you will learn Turid Rugaas’ quick and easy method to train any age, size, or breed of dog to walk calmly and quietly on a loose leash. Her approach is humane and based on a solid understanding of why dogs pull. She explains how to work with the dog’s nature and the environment to overcome the problem. City, town, or country walking will become more relaxed, reducing stress for dog and owner.
You will learn:
- Why dogs develop pulling problems
- Simple steps to retraining even a vigorous puller
- How to rehabilitate the puller, explained in clear, helpful paragraphs
- Correct use of leashes, collars, and harnesses—what works, what doesn’t
- Troubleshooting problems that arise during training
“Turid Rugaas has become a household name. Doggy households anyway! Now, with My Dog Pulls, she helps owners solve one of the most common problems while allowing the dog to be a dog.” —Terry Ryan, Karen Pryor Academy faculty member, author of Coaching People to Train Their Dogs and Outwitting Dogs
“Using clear, uncluttered language, Turid teaches owners how to help their dogs be more civilized—and better companions.” —Trish King, author of Parenting Your Dog, Director of Behavior and Training, Marin H. S.