E-BOOK The Canine Kingdom of Scent: Fun Activities Using Your Dog’s Natural Instincts by Anne Lill Kvam
Please select all options.
by Anne Lill Kvam
Your dog rules when it comes to scenting ability, but you hold the key that allows him to learn how to explore his kingdom more fully. That key is your willingness to work with him in what dog trainers call nosework exercises and games. While your dog has a wonderful innate ability to scent, nosework will present fun and interesting challenges. These challenges will make your dog more physically and mentally fit, as well as help solidify your relationship with your dog.
Anne Lill Kvam's The Canine Kingdom of Scent provides all you need to know in terms of training techniques and tips so that you and your dog can both get all the benefits from nosework.
You will learn:
- How to motivate your dog to follow a scent trail or find a hidden item through the use of positive reinforcement and effective rewards.
- The importance of teaching your dog in step-by-step increments and allowing sufficient time for breaks and relaxation.
- The best way to teach your dog the names of his toys, to find lost keys, and to retrieve items left on a track.
- How to use the "pancake tracking" method to begin to teach your dog how to track.
- How to keep your dog challenged as he begins to tackle more difficult tracking exercises.