E-BOOK Behavior Adjustment Training: BAT for Fear, Frustration, and Aggression in Dogs by Grisha Stewart
5.0 / 5.0
(3) 3 total reviews
Please select all options.
by Grisha Stewart
Think “functional” to solve your dog’s reactivity issues. Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) was developed by author Grisha Stewart to rehabilitate and prevent dog reactivity. BAT looks at the function of growling, lunging, and fleeing, and helps dogs learn socially acceptable behaviors that serve those same functions. In a nutshell, BAT builds confidence by giving dogs a chance to learn to control their environments through peaceful means.
Empowering to your dog or puppy, BAT is also empowering for you. Learn how to understand your dog and help him learn to get along with people, dogs, and other “triggers” safely.
You will learn:
- How to encourage or shape a “replacement behavior” that provides the same “functional reward” as reactivity
- Why it is important to keep your dog calm in the presence of a trigger while teaching him to make good choices
- Step-by-step instructions needed to stage BAT set-ups to work with your dog in a controlled environment
- Practical ways to keep your dog from being pushed into a reactive state in-and-around your home and on walks
- How to use BAT preventively for puppy socialization