E-BOOK Chill Out Fido! How to Calm Your Dog by Nan Arthur
Please select all options.
by Nan Arthur
Does your dog go bonkers when the doorbell rings or when you grab the leash to take him for a walk? If you find your dog is often difficult to control, you are not alone! Getting your dog to calm down and relax is one of the most common challenges pet parents face. This two-part book will help you first identify the factors that cause this kind of behavior in dogs. Then it provides eleven key training exercises to teach your dog how to calm down, pay attention to you, relax, and respond to everyday situations with confidence and composure. Chill Out will show you how to help your dog become the great dog you always knew he could be.
Get results by learning about:
- The interrelated factors that can cause your dog’s overactive behaviors
- The impact that diet can have on your dog’s inability to relax
- The basics of modern positive dog training that are the key to solving these common problems
- How to reward your dog for relaxed behaviors—and avoid inadvertently reinforcing your dog’s wildness
- Step-by-step training exercises that deal with the most common situations where dogs tend to have trouble staying calm
“The book applies to all areas of training, from family life (e.g., polite leash walking, being handled by veterinarian) to dog sports. The basic premise is that excessive stress interferes with learning and performance, and any dog can become excessively stressed at times. The training exercises are well chosen, appropriately ordered, and build on each other.” —Dani Weinberg, PhD, KPA faculty member, Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC), author of Teaching People, Teaching Dogs