Click to Calm: Healing the Aggressive Dog
by Emma Parsons, B.A., A.P.D.T.
Learn a path-breaking, effective approach from someone who's been there
When Emma Parsons, canine trainer and behavior consultant, discovered that Ben, her own prized golden retriever, was aggressive toward other dogs and that traditional remedies took his reactivity to nightmarish levels, she turned to clicker training.
In the process, Emma developed innovative and highly effective strategies to calm, alter, and re-shape Ben's aggressive displays. Her work has since helped many clients successfully reduce—and even erase—their dogs' reactivity to both dogs and humans.
This proven path is now laid out, clearly and empathetically, for you to follow. Click to Calm has more than 40 exercises presented in an easy-to-follow "training recipe" format, teaching how to:
- Desensitize your dog to approaching stranger dogs
- Allow you to grab your dog's collar without him snapping
- Have your dog perform canine calming signals, instead of aggressive displays, on cue
- Have your dog turn and give you eye contact whenever another dog approaches, or you tighten on the leash
- Use your own body language when under stress as a cue for your dog to remain calm
- And many more creative and effective uses of managing behavior through clicker training