BLD Perfect Pace No-Pull Halter
$ 24.00 $ 26.00
The Perfect Pace is a simple no-pull training tool offering effective and gentle control to instantly stop a dog’s bad habits.
- Stops pulling & lunging
- Simple, gentle, instant control from behind the head
- Encourages calmness and attention
- Self-adjusting & easy to use
- Comfortable, lightweight, effective
- No pressure on the dog’s throat does not pull the dog’s head to the side
- Safety cord included! (attaches from halter to dog’s regular collar)
- Choose from two versions of the woven Perfect Pace: with or without built-in leash
- Available in leather from BLD’s website
- Made in the USA. Satisfaction Guarantee!
- See a video here: https://youtu.be/-OG3oTazjVk
It Works Differently: Dogs (and people!) that have struggled with other collars, halters, or harnesses often accept the Perfect Pace willingly and respond with calm focus and attention. If other training tools have not been right for your dog, try this one and we’ll stand behind it with our Satisfaction Guarantee. Should your dog find this training tool aversive or you are otherwise dissatisfied, return it for your money back. See our guarantee page on our website for details.
How the Perfect Pace Works: When your dog pulls pressure is applied gently behind the head and under the jaw: these pressure points are calming for your dog, encouraging focus. The upward pressure raises your dog’s head and reminds him to pay attention to you with less resistance.
Safer and Healthier for Your Dog: Other head collars/halters prompt people to “steer” their dog around by the face. The Perfect Pace motivates your dog to pay attention to you, and learn good behavior & leash manners.
Simple & Humane: For many dogs, the Perfect Pace is more natural and effective than other training tools, and a great training solution for dogs that are stronger than their handlers, or that don’t respond well to other training tools. Many dogs prefer this style of halter because the leash does not dangle under their chin or force them to turn their head. The lightweight, minimal design is less annoying than other halters.
For best results, we recommend using positive reinforcement training to desensitize your dog to the sensation of the halter on his snout before using this product. The novelty of "stuff on my face" can be distracting for some dogs, but with positive reinforcement, your dog can quickly learn to accept it!
Not a Muzzle: Dogs can pant, eat treats, drink, and pick up toys while wearing this halter.
User-Friendly Package: your Perfect Pace will come with great instructions and links to helpful videos on PerfectPaceDog.com.
Halter only (use with any leash) – halter only version can be used with any leash. Simply clip your leash to the O-ring at the end of the halter. Choose the size that best fits the dog’s neck size. Measure upper neck snugly behind the head.*
- Small/Medium 20-60 pounds, up to 14” neck; Corgi, Border Collie, small Retrievers, etc. For dog 20-60 pounds, there may be more slack between the dog and the leash snap.
- Large 60-100 pounds, up to 18” neck; Shepherds, Rottweilers, most Retrievers, etc.
- X-Large 100-140 pounds, up to 22” neck; Danes, Mastiffs, etc. (not available here, see BLD’s website, or select the Halter Leash version.
- We recommend using a shorter, lightweight leash for best performance.
Halter Leash combo – all-in-one version with built-in leash. Our favorite version self-adjusts to fit most dogs!
- Halter Leash Sizing: one-size-fits-most* (ideal for use on multiple dogs of different sizes)
- Regular size offers approx. 4 feet of leash
- Long size for about 6 feet of a leash
- (When worn by an average 50 pound dog: the bigger the dog, the shorter the leash).
The Halter Leash can be used along with your preferred regular leash and training harness/collar so you can choose which training device to use in a given moment. Many clients tell us they keep one in their training pouch and pull it out when they need to get a challenging dog away from a distraction. (It’s so light it easily fits in a small pocket.)
Made in USA: Product is designed and handcrafted in the USA. The package is designed, printed, and assembled in Colorado. Woven material and tan leather are also American made!
*NOT for dogs under 20 lbs.
Recommended for medium and larger breeds (over 20 lbs.) due to the way pressure is applied.
*Do NOT use on brachycephalic dogs with short/flat muzzles (such as pugs, bulldogs, and boxers), on dogs prone to breathing problems, with soft or narrow tracheas or similar medical conditions (brachycephalic breeds are more prone): consult your veterinarian if you have questions or concerns.
Please read and follow the instructions and reminders in the package before using this product. Remember that no training device works on every dog.
FREE shipping to all USA addresses. (International customers: please contact email@example.com for shipping options)